Thursday, January 11, 2007

What does love mean?

.... An email that I recieved the other day........


A group of professional people posed this question to a group of 4 to 8 year-olds,

"What does love mean?"

The answers they got were broader and deeper than anyone could have imagined. See what you think:

"When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint her
toenails anymore. So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands got
arthritis too. That's love."

Rebecca- age 8

"When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth."
Billy - age 4

"Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other."
Karl - age 5

"Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French fries without making them give you any of theirs."
Chrissy - age 6

"Love is what makes you smile when you're tired."
Terri - age 4

"Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is OK."
Danny - age 7

"Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you get tired of kissing, you still want to be together and you talk more. My Mommy and Daddy are like that. They look gross when they kiss"
Emily - age 8

"Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen."
Bobby - age 7 (Wow!)

"If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend who you hate,"
Nikka - age 6

(We need a few million more Nikka's on this planet)

"Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it everyday."
Noelle - age 7

"Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so well."
Tommy - age 6

"During my piano recital, I was on a stage and I was scared. I looked at all the people watching me and saw my daddy waving and smiling. He was the only one doing that. I wasn't scared anymore."
Cindy - age 8

"My mommy loves me more than anybody . You don't see anyone else kissing me to sleep at night."
Clare - age 6

"Love is when Mommy gives Daddy the best piece of chicken."
Elaine-age 5


"Love is when Mommy sees Daddy smelly and sweaty and still says he is handsomer than Brad Pitt."
Chris - age 7


"Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all day."
Mary Ann - age 4

"I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones."
Lauren - age 4


"When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you." (what an image)
Karen - age 7

"You really shouldn't say 'I love you' unless you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget."
Jessica - age 8

And the final one -- Author and lecturer Leo Buscaglia once talked about a
contest he was asked to judge.

The purpose of the contest was to find the most caring child.

The winner was a four year old child whose next door neighbor was an elderly
gentleman who had recently lost his wife.

Upon seeing the man cry, the little boy went into the old gentleman's yard,
climbed onto his lap, and just sat there.

When his Mother asked what he had said to the neighbor, the little boy said,

"Nothing, I just helped him cry"

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I liked reading that. :)

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was awesome!!! :)

3:06 PM  
Blogger Gillios said...

That was beautiful!

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so deep and true. How are kids more expressive than us

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just know there are decent guys out there. I'm one of them.

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

there is no spoon

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post definitely made my day!

=oD

5:31 PM  
Blogger Keith said...

Hehe, Excellent answers...

Kids are always surprising...

5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It isn't that kids know more or have more insight, they are just more uncensored. They don't think before they speak.... as we grow older we are taught to choose our words carefully. And sometimes we stop saying what we really want or mean to.
Try this with any child. Ask them a question and they will ALMOST always come up with an answer you probably wouldn't have thought of directly, but when they say it you realize that is how you feel/think as well.
Yet another reason to always keep our child-like innocence and spirit.

6:17 PM  
Blogger M+ said...

I have seen this e-mail nearly a dozen times and I still read it everytime I get it.

6:50 PM  
Blogger msgreeneyes said...

My boyfriend and I had a row today... he just sent me this site, it brought tears to my eyes and melted any bad feelings away like fire on ice. The little things always speak volumes, and thats also what love is.

Love you babe... you know who you are. xxx

10:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't read spam so I have never seen this.

It is gorgeous and you just earned a new subscriber to your blog!

12:23 PM  
Blogger xteethx said...

maybe you're too successful and picky
http://msn.match.com/msn/article.aspx?articleid=7210&TrackingID=516311&BannerID=544657&menuid=6>1=8953

12:28 PM  
Blogger TonyTV 2 said...

There is no suspicion in their appreciation of love.

1:41 PM  
Blogger ~Moi~ said...

wow lots of comments to this. Thanks! It was a sweet email. Wish I was that positive in the rest of this blog haha.

Xteethx: so you think I should be unsuccessful and lower my standards? hehe. Yeah I guess I maybe alittle picky - but who isnt? - oh and thanks for another online dating site sheesh

8:24 PM  
Blogger Anny said...

oh yeaaa!! i got this email awhile ago and was going to post it then never did. i luv it.

6:37 PM  
Blogger Jman said...

Hiya, it's nearly 1am here in the UK, I was sitting here and reading my email and watching re-runs of scrubs when I received this link from a mate of mine in LA. What a beautiful email you have posted. Well done, I couldn't help but to read some of your other blogs as well. I think you are hanging with some sad buggers around there, not all guys are like that you know :-)
Keep up the good stuff!

P.S: Love the DP intro song

7:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"Love is what makes you smile when you're tired."

This is best line that anyone can not ever imagine!

12:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you can not love any body into you are old enough to now what it means because you can say u love some body but it is not true because they really just want to play aroond whith u just like a boy that said he loved me and the next day i found out he was cheating on me with one of my friends and the boys name is Jose Alberto Perez.

8:50 PM  
Blogger ~Moi~ said...

anonymous - I published your comment because it seems like you were hurt bad and wanted his name aired out to all - glad to help !

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home