Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Well they are only YOUR kids!

I had 2 patients in the last 2 weeks who are in their teens come in for a kinda gross procedure that involved local infection and some skin that needed to be cut off. Kinda similar to having a boil on your finger or your fingernail getting ripped off or something like that.
Both times (separate families) the kid's parents could not bear to watch.
They left the room.

So Im thinking, Okay, way to give them moral support !
Serious - if you cant deal with your kids getting sick or bruises and scrapes and infections - should you really be priviledged to have kids at all?

Suck it up ppl sheesh!




No. Im not bitter. Sorry, my eggs wrote this, not me.

3 Comments:

Blogger M+ said...

You've gotta be kidding me!
I've never missed an opportunity to witness my kids in pain...
Oh, wait, wrong sentiment!

I'll never forget the time that my son (18 months old at the time) had to get stitches in his eyebrow. The Dr. wrapped him in a papoose and I had to hold him in my arms so he wouldn't stuggle too much. It was one of the most heartbreaking moments of my parenthood, but it had to be done. Parents that don't understand that ought to be flogged, and their kids ought to be allowed to watch.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Anny said...

hahah. i'm kinda squeamish so i'd probably not be in agreement with you, but i definitely see wut you're saying. but the thing is, i'd really puke. it has happened. LOL

12:02 PM  
Blogger Virgin Man said...

You eggs wrote this ? LOL

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home