Wednesday, January 17, 2007

"Everybody Wang Chung tonight.."

ha I think I am showing my age :P

Actually, it is Wing Chun.
Some self defence thing I just started tonight. Yes - Im too lazy to actually take the real Karate stuff - or maybe it is called being impatient? I have tried Wen-do, Aikido and now this. Its just an 8 session class.
Its different - cant quite make out if it is for me or not.
Im a wuss, I cannot get too injured, especially my hands - need them for work. So just show me the moves to kill and Im good to go - haha kidding kidding. I dont want to kill anyone. Or any guy for that matter............... yet.........kidding again..... really I am.

Anyhoo, its a combat system developed by Monks long ago, that is based on the "Conservation of Energy" idea. (Gah wish it could train my mind to stop over thinking - that is where I expend most my energy). I'm excited!
That is the good part.
Now the bad parts.
So we were going over deep breathing techniques. The instructor had to show me how to - cause he was going around correcting everyone in the class. Gah I almost died! How can I deep breathe when he has bad breath?! Thats enough of a combat technique to have me pass out! Then when he talks he foams at the sides of his mouth. Gah! I gotta bear with this - look away look away and ask questions from afar.

Ok where was I and why am I posting this here.... Oh yes the class - quite small I must say. How embarrassing. (some didnt show up) But I guess I would learn better I think? 3 gals and 2 guys. - HA! ratio thing again. One guy is older - like say 55? and the other young guy- (younger guy as in my age) - well he is married. And the gals - we are young - I think I may be in the middle age. One is engaged and the other - I duno if she has a bf but shes not married.

And that is why - when they say you have to get out there and do things to meet guys - you have to join things you actually really like to join (I do like self defence classes) and not join only to meet men - cause if you join things only to meet men - you will be saddly disappointed and down a few $$.

And if you think this class is bad - as far as potentials, I wont even mention my squash league - yeah a whole freakin league!

But luckily I enjoy these both very much, and I cannot wait to do more this year! Hopefully, something has gotta give. C'mon - please?!!? If not Ima use what I learned and kick some .....!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger M+ said...

This sounds like good news. At least you're getting out there and doing things. Which, I belive, was the topic of one of your posts from some time ago - do something to just meet people, not necessarily men.
Good luck.

6:26 PM  
Blogger teahouse said...

Hey, martial arts are awesome! I do tae kwon do and I really like it.

And my class is mostly annoying straight frat-boy types (bleh) and lesbians (cool). Lots of female bonding and camaraderie at my school, which I love.

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home