Sunday, February 20, 2005

Unfair Ratio

The ratio of men to women in the world is not even. Thats a given.
There are more women in the world than men.

Hence, more single women than single men!

Additionally, you have to take into concideration that amoung those single men, a good handful of them are interested in other men! So the ratio decreases!

Then men have to go and die before us women so that decreases the ratio even more!

Makes me wonder, if the world would have it that morally, marriages and relationships between men and women should be monogamous.................... then why on earth are there more women than men?!

I Was at a lounge/bar/restaurant/jazz club last night with my girl friends, and the night played out like every other night at these types of places -->


dark lights, loud music, cover charge, over priced foods and drinks, and the room was packed!
Packed FULL of mostly women!

And what men that were there were hanging out at the bar or staring creepily at the dance floor with their buddies or even alone(!).

I know I know, bars/clubs are not good places to meet "good" guys. Hence the pickins were slim, but that's another post, I digress, I was talking about ratios here.

Another time, actually last week, it was the same situation. But this was even at a labeled "singles event"! There are still more women than men. Apparently, in the T.O, "singles event" = "big gathering of single women"! Yay! This event is for what pray tell? For us single women to rejoice in the fact that we are not alone in our singledom? To show us that the pickins are slim? That beggars cant be choosers? gez!

So what are us single women left to do in these situations with shortages of men?
*claws come out, along with the cleavages and shorter skirts, laughs are louder (to the point of being abnoxious) and.......... standards decrease*.
Its funny to sit back and look around... a man enters the room.... all the womens eyes check him out. Desperado for attention, we laugh, flick our hair, anxiously look to the guy to be noticed but try not to make it too obvious.

And how does this ratio difference affect the guys? (I'll allude to it but oh this is another post in itself) Basically, they got their pickens, they become LAZY.... I honestly wonder what is running through their heads (I'll take a stab at it):

Hummm wow she is pretty, and that other has big boobs, oh and that other one - yea dance like that there, oh and there is another! Wow does that other one have a nice @ss!
I know they want me.
Maybe i'll just stare and stare at her with my glare and she will approach me.
I know they are all checkin me out.
humm leme buy myself a drink and stand by the dance floor and stare at them while they shake their things.
or maybe I will start dancing and try to grope this one from behind, I know she will like that!
hey, she pushed me away.... well, no sweat, maybe she is nervous, leme try it again on her friend!

I could go on. But I'm being biasd hehe. Yes, maybe not all of them think like this but most do (note that when I say most I'm again referring to the population of guys that is already much less than the population of women). I'm sure there are the shy types who just sit in the corner afraid to approach a gal and end up not doing it at all. Of course now the onus is up to us gals, apparently we have to be the "man" now and approach the guys. (thank you womens LIB!, no really you have not gone too far!)

Anyhow, the ratio sucks!

So, for all you single guys out there: YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE! the odds are in your favour!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I think this reason is why alot of women Settle with men that are not so good...they get tired of waiting for Mr.Perfect then finally give in. There just arent enough GREAT guys to go around!

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are single becuase it's your own fault. It's because you seek "your" perfection, and reject everything you think "wont" make you happy. Being single and unhappy is your own fault. Decide what you want. Do you want that chisel jawed beefcake that you claim to want? If so, be prepared to give up your power. Most western raised women are not prepared to do that anymore, as much as they seek that dominating type of man. You reject the "nice" as being jellyfish backboned. Yet they are the only people who are going to be sensitive to your needs. Men constantly find the way women choose the idiots time and time again , frustrating and laughable. Women are their own worst enemy. Decide what you want. Or die alone.

Alex

8:05 AM  
Blogger ~Moi~ said...

Hummm I sense some sort of anger there with your comment Alex. (no problemo tho, cause this is where I vent too) Obviously you see a different side of things, maybe you are one to go for women that reject you or over look you and go for the 'bad' guys(I'm assuming you are categorizing yourself as a 'nice' guy). Or... who knows you may not be single yourself and happily attached (though I dont see how you would have that much anger about this topic if you were with someone anyways) I beleive I am not asking for a chizeled faced guy. Actually I learned long ago that those guys are very superficial. And, since I am not a model myself and not perfect myself .... I dont look for that in a guy. I am just stating what I see. There is a post titled "QUALITIES" (above) and that my friend, is what I am trying to work on with myself and also what I am looking for in a guy.... is that asking for too much???

8:50 PM  
Blogger ~Moi~ said...

Oh and alex...give up my power? Give me a break. How about wanting an equal? Someone to balance you? Not someone to dominate me! And not someone I can dominate. Thing is, I know what I want. And I have only seen very few of these around. However, that being said...I do know they exist.

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, i read this posting like three times and i can see the point. On the phone or on my blog im very human,,but in real life im shy, i have alot of things in my back pack to hide from gals, NOT GAY..but " things " . some of you know this already and i wont go into detail about this because im moving past that. The reason im single is because i ruin a relationship b4 it evens begins, dont want the gal to see the imperfections and such. Im to a point where i love being single but i just have to stay away from the married gals. LOL. Im not the tall dark and handsome kind, im more the short balding over weight guy... but i still get my chances and blow them all to hell. My choice. As for what alex is saying...or ranting about, i think a session with a therapist would help him get over the gal that busted his balls....or guy....dont know, dont care, but who do you think u are judging people here ? go look into the mirror and i bet you alex you dont like what you see.... i bet ur a scared little man that has to take control over ladies to make up for your short comings.... No one in a relation has to give up power ...its not about power... if there is any power in a relationship its power to hold the relationship together through the rough times and stick it out when times get tough.. TOGETHER as one power not a single power. OMG, this comment has become a book. alex...if u ever come here and read this posting.....and want to talk about ur problems... im chis stan Hochhalter..i have a blog called origamivoodoodools.blogspt.com
please do visist i really would like to hear ur excuses.
Erica...u hang in there, ur great.
dont let one asholes view change the way u view other guys. In the end alex wont matter at all.

1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home