Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Did I just save myself from looking like a fool?

Or am I a fool?

Probably the later. I hope the former. Cause things happen for a reason .... right?Right!?
Gah! I am so frustrated with myself! (yet again)

So tonight was my last class of Wing Chun.
I decided about a week ago that - despite my interest in this form of martial arts - I am not signing up for the next class. Not this spring anyways.
Why ? Mostly due to the instructors (- seriously, is Halitosis contagious? or another form of self defence? gez) And partly due to the fact my only good free rest night is Wednesday night - which staff parties and Rib night are usually reserved for (now watch - the rest of my Wednesday nights will remain free).
Well I found the instructors to favor a particular girl in the class and it wasnt me. Thats fine - despite my jealous tendencies. But the last 2 classes I found them to be quite condescending to ME. Things like "oh well you cannot master this move so its best you just dont use it at all" (I only practiced it for 5 min) Or, waving his hand in front of my face, pointing me out and saying "helllooo hellooo do you understand what I just said?" Or maybe I am just being too sensitive. Whatever the case is - I may need to take a break and he needs to take a breath mint - or at least brush his teeth before class! Blegh!

But my frustration comes with me not saying something where - maybe - just maybe - something could / should have been said. No, not with my instructors. But this guy in my class. Actually, I believe I labelled him as "the married guy" in my last post about this class.
Ya married. And NO. - I dont go for taken men.
Thing is he has been wearing this gold ring on his wedding ring finger so I figured he was married. End of story right? I saw it a few times then never checked again after that.
Average guy. Average looking. Actually very nice, easy going, kind smile, welcoming, friendly, good humoured. (ya - I hear the "uh ohs")
Oh ya and did I mention thoughtful? He actually burned a CD for me that the instructor lent out to the students in the 2nd and 3rd classes but I missed those classes. He didnt even know if I was coming back to the class or had dropped out. Nice huh?
Oh yeah back to the ring thing. So he seemed like this average guy, who I figured was married so I didnt think much of him. Until he started to remind me of this guy I know. This guy I know who I am attracted to alot and think very highly of.
Gah! This link. Stupid link. All it takes is that simple link and then he starts to look more attractive to me.
So I force my mind to leave it at that. But I kept hearing this voice saying - shucks - why do the nice guys have to be taken?! Why couldnt this guy be unattached? Why? Maybe the ring was nothing - you know - like some weird looking school ring or something. Or maybe he is of a nationality where the "wedding ring finger" is on the right hand instead of left? He never even mentioned his other half - like the others did, even about Valentines day - he said he was working late that night. Maybe he doesnt know any better about what ring to wear on what finger? Maybe? Please? A tiny chance of? Nah, didnt think so.

Soooooz tonight I notice that he wasnt wearing his ring. Nada.
How long has this been happening?
Hummm? Ok stop thinking 'hummm'! No No he is married. Married. Maybe he just took it off since we have to wear hand wraps and that would be uncomfortable when punching? But we arent punching today - just going over the Kata/ forms...? I was confused.
Maybe I was confused because I was hoping he wasnt married.

So I was talking to him at the beginning of the class and he asked if I was going to join the next class.
"No it doesnt really go with my schedule - I have missed alot of classes already. How about you?"
Yeah he is joining the next class and we continue on with the small talk about other schools that teach Wing Chun - blah blah blah. Then the instructors come in to begin class and mess up my convo with him.

Class was uneventful. It ended and the next one starts next week. I said my goodbyes and left the class after he did. He was walking in front of me and was already at his car when I got out of the building. The end.
Then as I got into my car I had the realization of the whole finality of it all. So I had this opportunity to meet this nice person and that is that. Finito. Did I use that opportunity well? Was there supposed to be more? I got overwhelmed with a feeling of loss. Loss that I could have - AT LEAST - said something to clear up my confusion. I had nothing to lose right?

Driving home I thought that I could have at least said "So is your wife joining you in the next class?"

Wow talk about delayed reaction. I always think of what to say only after the fact.

Am I a fool for not saying something? Or did I save myself from making a fool of myself?
Do I kick myself for another opportunity lost?

Well, its over with. So I'm just going to try to push this frustration aside and go with my first assumption. He is married. And he is a nice guy. And its really good the class is over. Especially since he is married..... right?!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger teahouse said...

Yes, it sounds like he's married!!

Some men like to be coy about that, especially in front of women they find attractive. Just because they're married doesn't mean they don't want to flirt in their martial arts class!

9:30 AM  
Blogger ~Moi~ said...

Yes, thank you! My guess is that I think he is too, I was 100% sure until the no ring deal - then I was 80% sure. Wishful thinking. Just gotta let it go, I think I made a good decision in not joining the class again, even if I liked that form of martial arts.
Thing is - if the 20% chance of him not being married was true - I was actually 70% willing to ask him out myself instead of waiting for him to say something first (like I usually do)
Oh well :p
Maybe married men should tattoo a ring on their wedding finger....hehe

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home