Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentines


Despite the singledom looming over me on this dreaded excluding-singles day.....

I was driving in the snow storm this morning (gah was an hour late for work!) and had to take a pic(sorry I have a bad cell cam) of this unsuspecting person....

He was walking through the blowing snow, along a busy stretch of road, during early morning traffic, holding his large, brightly wrapped, bouquet of roses for his valentine - for all to see. How sweet is that?! In a world where most guys are shunned for being outwardly romantic, being called whipped and cheesy, or unmanly and all the like. Brave of him. You go guy! You go!
....ok the day has only begun. And I am in a good mood. And I am wearing red.
Ask me at the end of the day and I will probably be sick of seeing things like this .........

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger M+ said...

You think that's brave? Imagine standing behind me at the check-out counter with a small, wicker basket, and all the nice little goodies to go in it...

Yes, I make/made (always have) my own gift basket for my Valentine. Bath oils, soaps, lotions, body spray, chocolates, a silk rose with a tiny teddy bear on the stem and a pewter rose at the center of it all.
I should have to turn in my man-card for this.

11:23 AM  
Blogger ~Moi~ said...

wow valentines basket! kudos for you! that does take time and thought. maybe you should make a business of that hehe - valentines baskets for men to give to their loved ones, made by a fellow man.

1:01 PM  
Blogger teahouse said...

Heehee..there were lots of guys on the subway this morning carrying flowers, wrapped in soggy paper, wet with icicles...

Happy Valentine's Day!!

3:04 PM  
Blogger ~Moi~ said...

THB: Yea they must look cute :) Just to think they had to wake up so early or get the flowers the night before. As long as they dont carry them down - as in upside down, as in they are imbarrassed to be carrying them. I've seen that done before. Flowers are so typical but I just love flowers!

3:25 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

That is really sweet. You know a guy is whipped when he carries flowers in public.... aww...

8:43 AM  
Blogger Anny said...

i wore red on vday too :) hope the rest of it went well for ya.

12:39 PM  
Blogger ~Moi~ said...

MJ: if the guy is alittle bit whipped its all good. :) If he is spineless - well cant help him there :p

Anny: yep no one asked me any intrusive Vday questions - though I only had one patient - but so many ppl were wearing red - that kinda felt weird. Like wearing the same outfit to a party. I guess I noticed this time because I never wore red on Vday

4:19 PM  
Blogger M+ said...

Ya wanna hear something funny?
Too bad I'm telling ya anyways...
I actually floated the business idea to a few people. The ladies love it, the guys hate it. Go figure.

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home