Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Just a thought

(yay not another rant)

I was reading through a few favorite blogs and as usual, one link led to another.
Then, as I read some guy's interesting blog, I thought to myself - What if you were reading a blog of someone you knew - not someone you were close to, but just someone you knew. But because of the anonymity of it all - you never found out that you actually knew this person from the blog world, in real life. And what if this person was someone you didnt really care for but in the 'blog world' you admired their thoughts and how they wrote, maybe even communicated via comments back and forth. And you just carried on with life - not liking this person in real life and then liking them from their blog - and both never connected.

Yeah - probably wouldnt happen - given enough information you would probably figure out who that person was I suppose.

Just a thought though.

Dang I'm bored!

Just a thought, now carry on with what you were doing...... :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Virgin Man said...

Interesting coincident event, isn't it? People actually more open to strangers in anonymous environment than to someone they know. Blog is kind of diary with feedback. And more convinient too.

6:37 PM  
Blogger M+ said...

What an intriguing situation.
And then what would you do if you were to discover the identity of the blogger? Do you begin to like the real person or do you have to stop reading their blog?
Hmmmmmmmmmm...

6:24 PM  
Blogger Mullet Von Gruder said...

I'm pretty sure that was the plot of "You've got Mail". Nora Ephron beat you to it.

10:25 PM  
Blogger ~Moi~ said...

VM: Yes, annonymous diary (to some extent) and diary with feedback. True! And much more interesting sometimes than a totally private diary.

M+: I would probably continue reading and I would see that person in a different light I guess. Better or worse I cannot say?

Mullet: Yes she must have beat me to it! I was about to say that I have not even seen that movie but I just remembered I did. Thats how memorable it was. Maybe I was unconsiously thinking about that movie when I wrote this post. Though I doubt it. Guess its a common thought in the world of the internet.

3:18 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I can relate, except backwards.... I had someone contact me through my blog because we lived near each other. I read hers and assumed we wouldn't really get along because of some of her life and political views. She has since become one of my best friends....

It is weird to think that some people may be reading your blog knowing you but you not knowing they are reading it.... I try not to think about it or else I feel I would probably censor myself more.

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home