Monday, December 04, 2006

About a boy and an email....

Gah I dont know why this always bothers me.
It happens all the time so I should expect it.
And NO, Im not that into this guy.
There is a certain boy.... man.... lets call him Beefy man or Beefy boy.
Cause he is beefy. Not fat. Muscular.
But anyways - where was I?
Oh yes, and then there is email.

Do you ever have one of those fairweather friends who only keeps in touch every once in a blue moon?
And by "keeping in touch" I mean - you are the one that somehow contacts them first - always. Then they say their little thing of catching up and then they disappear again for a while?

Well I have this friend. "Friend" or F- Friend (not that F friend you gutter minded fellows!) - Fairweather friend.
I send forwards of emails to a bunch of ppl - then he says hello whats up, then I answer and then it takes another how many years for the next email back.

This happens everytime and it bothers me. Why? Cause I still get alittle surprised when he emails back. (It was only a foward I sent - sheesh) And then I answer back along with some of my own questions. I get alittle excited to catch up again. And then I - like the loser I am, check my email every now and then - to see if he responded.

Its like watching paint dry.

Frig!

Whatever - beefy boy!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Anny said...

i think u just narrated the story of my life - and how ppl frustrate the heck outta me w/ their inconsistent behavior. just the other day i called my friend "consistently inconsistent." i think this applies to your F-friend too! ppl are just lame.

1:08 PM  
Blogger M+ said...

Gee, it's kinda like bloggers who draw you in with their catchy title and witty observations and then stop posting for several months...

The only thing worse is giving your e-mail to a date only to have her/him do nothing more than forward every piece of cutesy junk e-mail that they get to your inbox. Nevermind any real converstions.

I'm not bitter...

5:49 PM  
Blogger ~Moi~ said...

Anny: yes its quite the annoyance - these F-friends! But depending on the friendship - I just gotta roll with the punches I guess - of course we are the only ones to notice things like this - some people find friendships more important than others - probably not intentsional but just alittle insensitive none the less.

M+: if you are referring to my absence its cause Im going through writers block and some confusion with my feelings to certain male people in my life at the moment - but I still comment on ppls blogs and read them. And its great to see you back here!
I guess I shouldnt substitute real conversation with a forward. I dont forward too many things and it is true that I do forward things to ppl I would like to keep in touch with and to ppl I think would benifit from the forward.

-On another note, I finally did go out for coffee with Beef Boy tonight. It was nice to catch up. I guess you can call him one of the guys that I turned down BUT most especially, he was the one who didnt notice me when I was interested in him a few years earlier. That being said - even if he is an F-friend, its still always good catching up with him - even if its just to get his big bear hugs every now and then.

7:18 PM  
Blogger M+ said...

I'm busted!
I'm glad you're posting again. I'm glad to be back reading again. It's been a high point for me in my attempts at dating to be able to co-miserate with you over the whole issue. Your witticisms and insight have been quite useful.
As for the e-mail thing. There was this one lady I met. After our first date I got one note explaining that she might want to date some guy steady and it wasn't me, asked if I minded her taking some time to weigh it all out. I was cool with it, and then she stopped all real conversations with me and replaced it with forwarded junk. I hate that crap. If you're gonna blow me off just come out and say "Hey, I'm not that into you." but don't keep filling my inbox with your spam.

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home