Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Random Thoughts

I was out tonight for Wing-night at St. Louis.
Since my gf and I are going through alot of stress with work stuff lately it was a nice break, and as usual we ended up talking about relationship stuff or even the lack there of. And the question : men where are they? etc etc. Blah blah blah.
A few things I noticed and a few things were mentioned, though not very up-lifting :

>This wing place is a franchise. But apparently the one up in suburbia - where we were is usually filled with older men. I think the reason why is because there are no waiters, just waitresses - and these waitresses make it almost like a hooterville joint. We go there only because its the closest St. Louis to where we live. Tonight my friend over-heard the guys at the next table talking about one of the girls. "Oh ya look at her tits! Oh I sooo love cheating! Ha ha ah!" Oh lovely, these are even grown men not adolecents. I'm glad that when I eat good food I'm so content I tend to focus only on the food and my ears go deaf.

>My friend mentioned that her female cousin is now seeing a therapist. Something to do with relationship sex stuff. See, her cousin used to be the love-em-n-leave-em type. Or actually its F%*!-em-n-leave-em. Very cold attitude. I guess some gals can be like this. Some ppl would call this a 'male attitude' but really its the 'scuzzy male attitude' (not all men are like this I know). I always think though, that most of us gals have it in our nature to want more, even though some may act like they dont. I could be wrong - but I only speak for myself. There is always some sort of emotional attachment to such things. Anyhow - dont know the details but the cousin finally lost it. Had a break down after realizing that she wanted more and wanted a relationship - but the ones that she wanted this with now did not want her. - Go figure. It makes me wonder how many ppl that sleep around are doing it partly because of some other underlying issue instead.

>My friend also talked about a mutual friend of ours who is in a horrible relationship. Though this mutual friend has a history of this and it can be quite draining to help her deal with it that we need to keep our distance. She told me how our friend said she is "stuck in this relationship". She cannot get out. Something to do with a lease for a place they rent, her bf not working and him threatening to take everything she has if she plans on leaving him, some abuse - verbal and maybe physical and her paying for his lifestyle. I know they are both at fault here but I chose not to elaborate. Sometimes you cannot advise ppl who will not take your advice anyways. And sometimes it is easy to advise ppl on things when you are not involved but hard to do when you are in the situation yourself.

>We realized that somewhere between highschool and post- undergrad school and the work force, some aspects of our self confidence has dwindled. Why? Lack of maintenance? Why? Lack of youthful lustre? (well we actually still look much younger than we are, compared to alot of those our age) We have accomplished alot since then in our professions but why the lack of self confidence? Why is it I have trouble accepting compliments? Other:"You are pretty" Me: "Oh but I dont like my hair today" etc..... Hummmm gota fix this attitude.

>A few other random things mentioned that are running through my head that make me sad:

- "Believe me, you say you want to remain friends and find other people and you want to know how the other persons life turns out because you dont see your life without that person, but when it comes down to it, you wont want to, you cant bear to hear it, it hurts too much."

- "If you know its not going to go anywhere and you are sure of it, then why do you still continue it?"

- "Sometimes when people say that 'They Can't', what they really mean is that 'They Dont Want To"

So as you can see - all total random thoughts. Nice diversion from work stress. Interesting to say the least.

2 Comments:

Blogger M+ said...

Wow! That's a lot of random thinking. Allow me to share a few thoughts on these topics...
>Older men acting like adolesents is due to the fact that our entire society has regressed into adolesence. We've convinced ourselves that it's OK to be that way. And we've embraced the whole "I want what I want when I want it and nobody's gonna tell me I'm wrong" attitude, generally reserved for teen-agers, that we should be growing out of before we hit our mid-twenties. As a result our mid-life crisis' now begin where adolesence leaves off.
>Yes, there is a definite connection between indescriminate promiscuity and wanting something more. A saying I once heard that has never left me reflects this idea: "Boys play at love to have sex. Girls play at sex to have love.". And this is encouraged by our society in the guise of "equality for women". Apparently "equality" means the right to be equally "scuzzy".
>It's impossible to help someone who refuses to help themself. You just have to hope that eventually the situation will get bad enough that they do finally decide to do something about it.
>Maybe, deep down inside, you feel as if compliments to your externals detract from your professional accomplishments. Especially since you seem to have placed such an emphasis on your profession.
>It hurts because you've invested yourself into this person. When you stop hurting then you will have taught yourself how to not care. And do we really want that for ourselves?
>Because we're all familiar with the saying "Better to have loved and lost.." but in our hearts we'd rather not have the lost part of it. But it's too late to have the "... never loved at all." part of it.
>Yeah, that sums up human nature fairly well. "I can't" = "I won't". Because, if we can, but won't, then we have to accept our responsibility for our own lot in life.
Hope you found my comments insightful, if not beneficial.

8:02 PM  
Blogger ~Moi~ said...

Wholly Guacamole!
Actually yes, insightful.
Thanks!

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home