Thursday, February 02, 2006

In celebration of ...groundhog day :)

Not really into Shakespeare, but I do love this one. Im posting this after seeing this wonderful idea from Reya. Last time I posted this elsewhere...was for Valentines day.......ahhhh that wonderful day is fast approaching..... that wonderful day us single people sooooo love to hate ;)
Enjoy!
(Silent poetry reading...Shhhhh.... *ahem ahem......clears throat* )

Let Me Not to the Marriage of True Minds

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O, no! it is an ever-fixed mark,
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Times fool, through rosey lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come;
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
If this be error, and upon me prov'd,
I never writ, nor no man ever lovd.



Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger M+ said...

OK, I'll do it, too.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I remember that Kiss

How I hoped and Waited
How I Waited and Prayed
How I Prayed and Hoped
How I loved you, I loved you
My Friend, My Other Half,
My Inner Half, My Inner Soul
My Soul mate
I still remember, I remember it
I remember it like it happened yesterday
I remember it like it is happening right now
I can still hear your voice
Your laughter and your song
The song that still echoes in my mind
As we sat in the car
In the cool of the evening and talked
We talked
Of other people and the fun was had
We talked
Of a thousand different things
Still I knew, I knew we would kiss
I can’t tell you how long I waited
For you to see me, to notice me
To understand me
I waited and watched
Watched as others who called me friend
Held you
As I have dreamed
Watched as others kissed those lips
Those lips have filled my dreams
And my nightmares
I waited and watched
Waited for the day, the day you noticed
Waited for the day everything changed
Waited for the day that we kissed
I watched and waited
With time others faded
I waited, I waited until
Only I remained
Solid, caring, a rock
Only I was there for you, You said
Only I understood, You told me
You told me, You told me, you told me
As we sat in the car in the cool of the evening
And talked
I waited, I waited, I waited until
Eyes locking on eyes, Hands holding hands
Electric touch of lips upon lips
Lips that part and close, promising
Clouds part and Lightning strikes
Angels dance and sinners weep
Thunder roars, leaving me deaf
As we kissed, we kissed, we kissed and
You were gone, you turned your back
You drove away and you were gone
Forever
I died that day, that day that we kissed
I loved you I loved you I love you
But you are gone forever

my silent poetry

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home