Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Car Salesmen

Humm ya wonder where they get the sleazy image dont ya?
ha ha.
Anyone who has been jipped by one knows.

Its an awful feeling of learning that someone has lied to you to get what they want, earned your trust and ripped the carpet out from under you.
These type of guys (or even gals) are people we know not to trust.

Anyhow. My lease is up for my car. Gota get a new one. I had a horrible horrible experience leasing my first car. At the time I even spoke to the owner at length - just going around in circles. His salesman just jipped me and he knew it but he said there is nothing he can do about it. I even went so far as to research some legal blurb on exactly why, what his salesman, thus his dealership did wrong, I think I had a case there.... I even consulted a lawyer, who agreed with me, but me, being the tiny person I am and all the legal crap I would have to face, the lawyer said that in the end it is not worth the heart ache and head ache, bite the bullet and pay the unnecessary cash.

So .... I get a phone call today. Some guy. Calm, kind, voice. Said his name was Michael.
But he is a rep from the dealership...reminding me that my lease is up soon and asking me what I am planning to do. I explain that I dont want to pay more than I am paying for now. And that I am looking at other cars all together, and that even if I decided to go with the same type of car I most definately will not be going back to that dealership. Im not stupid enough to be convinced anymore by any salesman let alone dare to concider his dealership.....

.... thing is ..... the dude actually seemed very nice.....( I see your eyes rolling)..... but really..... he actually seemed like he wanted to help..... I know he is just the messenger and he was not even working at that place when I got my car.....but wow - what a difference customer service makes.
I low-balled him a quote. Knowing full well I have absolutely no intentions of going back there. Some stupid amount so incredibly low so much so that they would be actually losing money off of me (I did my research better this time). He asked for a compromise. I refused. (I dont have anything to lose anyways - dont need that car that badly - just any good safe car is good for me). I even said that even if by some miracle of the miracle they actually approve my quote - I dont think I would take it and if I did, I dont think I can sleep well at night knowing that I am actually giving money to that A-hole of an owner again! (did not actually say A-hole) He still said he will try. I asked why are you trying? You wont lose anything by losing one customer. He still said he wants to try. I told him he is wasting his time. He said what do you want to happen? I said I want you to approve that quote I gave, give it to me , and I will just go to another dealership and show it to them to make a deal. He said fine, he will still try. So I said , so you go through all this effort and what do I do with what you give me? Meaning what he is "trying " to do for me is actually in vain! He hinted under his breath that I should do what I just said, go to any dealership with that approved quote (if it is approved) and use it to make a deal, all he wants is for me to feel that not all people are like the ones I dealt with in his company.

HUmmm, Mr Car salesman.......you sneaky devil you.... you actually sounded sincere, you actually made me feel like you were trying to help me and make amends for your disgusting, slime filled, horrifying, bile tasting, fecal minded company.....

Good Job dude!.........and you even sounded cute!

Its a wonder at the extent of their manipulation tactics and skills they have to persuade people....he even said he used to live in my area and he is even the same nationality as me... blah blah blah and all that "relating" crap.

If I dont get a car from him I wonder if I can get a date....... he actually seemed that nice!!!! Broke through my ice a tiny bit and its pretty thick I tell ya, no one really does that!

But on second thought.... the thought of dating a car sales man really makes me hurl! I dont trust too easily as it is, so can you imagine the disabling trust issues I would end up with ?! Yikes!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok now ya gonna make me add the owner of the car dealership to my hit list pmpl..Good Luck and DON'T GIVE IN to the ruthless sales people!! lol

1:26 AM  
Blogger ExBF said...

The guy is just good at his job, if you ask me....don't believe the hype. And have ya' ever seen the sportjackets those salesmen guys wear?

4:50 AM  
Blogger ~Moi~ said...

I can picture the sleazy sports jackets now! ick! But I havent really seen that in these dealerships so far.... Its not a used car dealership anyhow :p
Ya I know he is doing his job but thanks for reminding me, they are tryin to wear me down - hehe.

12:24 PM  
Blogger ~Moi~ said...

kel I'll give ya his name and info and everything ! :p bring R's Bat! :p

12:25 PM  
Blogger NML/Natalie said...

Hi there! I love your blog description! I work in sales but media sales and I don't like BS merchants. Car salesmen have to be super aggressive to progresss which may mean that the truth gets stretched. But a date on the other hand could be great, however he'd need to turn off the salesman technique!

2:46 PM  
Blogger ~Moi~ said...

Naw , dont think they can turn that off at all...
Spoke to him today - he couldnt get the deal (surprise surprise) but he did refer me to another dealership for a totally different car - psssssh! watever! yep yep - they are all the same.

Think I will just end up riding my bike to work or something - its only a 1 hour drive by car hehe.

I would definately be weary of dating any car salesmen. I think they try to sell cars even in their sleep! :P

4:14 PM  
Blogger teahouse said...

Luckily, I haven't had to buy a car since I moved to Manhattan. But I find the whole car-buying experience to be intimidatingly frightening. I'm in awe of you!

2:46 AM  
Blogger ~Moi~ said...

Um ... must be different or something over there in the US. district manager? of a Dealership? - neva heard of it... The time I leased my first car I ran into those local Aholes - talked to their manager/owner and then even went to Honda Canada. Honda Canada said they are not responsible for how each dealer is, I would have to talk to its Ahole manager/owner again, all they are responsible for is the actual car itself.

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home