Saturday, January 14, 2006

New Years resolutions?

I was never one to make New Years resolutions.
Maybe because half the time I forgot what they were half way through the year anyways.
Then when I finally remembered them it only caused me more grief to realize how much I DID NOT accomplish.
I tend to make lists (grrr @ my memory)
Thing is .... I make "to do lists" and then relax in the fact that I wrote them down...

Then I lose the lists.
At this very moment I think I have about half a dozen lists scattered somewhere in my room or work office.

Yes - its not good.

I start with ideals and then it fizzles out.
Its different when it comes to my work resolutions: They are clear cut : I want to do A, B and C - simple.
But when it is some sorta mumbo jumbo self reflective improvement ... that is not so straight forward ,not so tangible and measurable. Those are the ones that tend to fizzle.

Well ......
I am going....
to.....um...
try. Yes try again ( sheesh this is even in writing - uh oh)

ACtually I think I would feel better if I called them my

NEW YEAR'S NON-RESOLUTIONS

(whatever that may mean or how ever one takes it. I duno)

2 tiny itty bitty teeny weeeny things :

1) Never Turn down a social event (I got this from here - thanks DD!) This is going to be hard since I am not the typical uber socialite
2) And take more responsiblity for any situation I am in. Not blaming others. (I got this from here - crazy post but true) Though technically I dont remember complaining about how some crappy man constantly treated me horribly - dont think I could stand for that in a relationship (though a Boss situation is different - I digress) But I guess this can be applied to any situation - Im going to try not to blame T.O for having no good men- well at least until I meet them all (okay that sounds skanky but you know what I mean)

I think the thing that discourages me most about resolutions is that I'm pretty hard on myself for failing in them that I just cannot stand the disappointment in myself. That should not be so! There is that cliche : if you fail, try try again... so that is why they are NON resolutions - Im going to try to be aware of this in everything I do and try to impliment them but I am not going to beat my self silly with a bat (thanks R!) if I fail throughout the year - just so long as I keep trying.

is that a cop-out? I duno. maybe but here I go......

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG does this mean that I have to put my bat into retirement ???

GRRR you and your non-reolutions, what am I suppose to do for fun now??

Ohh and you forgot, number 3 non-resolution:

Trying to actually talk to men!!! lmfaoooo

1:41 PM  
Blogger ~Moi~ said...

OOOHHH for freakin-crying -out -loud!
For the love of Gawd woman!

You mean I have to actually talk to them too?! Sheeeesh! Wasnt this post good enough for ya?!!

:p

9:11 PM  
Blogger M+ said...

"...until I meet them all" isn't skanky unless you spell it "meat" (heheheh).

11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Im going to try not to blame T.O for having no good men- well at least until I meet them all (okay that sounds skanky but you know what I mean)"

Contrary to your thinking, there are good men in Toronto, and I believe I am one of them.

12:07 PM  
Blogger ~Moi~ said...

Well then Rick where do you good men hang out in T.O ? sheesh :)I think that is my point, I think they hide ;)

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think they hide, not consciously at least. Its not like there is a secret brotherhood of nice guys that meet on a regular basis and discuss how to continue our covert existence, at least there isn't one I can talk about in such a public forum.

They are likely just going about their business thinking that women aren't interested in what they have to offer. (Insert appropriate cheese with this whine here)

6:51 PM  
Blogger ~Moi~ said...

"They are likely just going about their business thinking that women aren't interested in what they have to offer."

Humph! Passive I say! Simply Passive. tsk tsk

Just ASSUMING we arent interested, makes it seem like my gfs and I are searching in vain while these so called (extinct) "good guys" are not even bothering to look. Or dont care. Or enjoy eachothers company, than fine women like us :P
Hummm how ever will my gfs and I find these nice guys if this is only a one way street?

This reminds me of a guy friend of me and my gfs. His buddies are married and we keep saying ... Hey M, come hang with us... go with us to those singles events.... be our wing-man hehe. But he doesnt seem remotely interested in getting out there...sigh. Doesnt he realize that we may introduce him to other single gals or .... ahem, vice versa?

Oh and the cheese would be Brie. I like brie....for a cheese. Pretty mild.
But then again its mild to match the passive whine... nice single guys should not be passive! Dont assume! You know what Benny Hill says!
So tell me where this secret brotherhood is, I know there is one out there! :)

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home