Thursday, February 09, 2006

Another patient comment

78 yr old female comes into the office.
Once we get settled in and I take an update, she comments:

"So are you going to a Valentines dance this Valentines day?"

(I'm thinking humm dance on a Tuesday night - odd)

I chuckle : "ha ha ha oh well ummmm nnooooo I dont think so"


"Oh no? Well, I think that in my time, there were more dances that the young ones went to"

"Maybe, but I still think there are alot of 'dance' places that ppl go to now, its just that they are very different," and me being soooo tired of the club scene at this point I add: "and I dont think that they are too great anyhow."

My mind pictures some lame scene in black and white where the gals all have long skirts and high heels and the fellows have shirts and ties and each are huddled to their own sides, while the men gently approach the women and cordially ask them to dance. The women giggle and bashfully accept. Ah so innocent!

I go on " I think that it would have been kinda nice to go to dances in your time"

She smiles and agrees (of course) "OH yes it was......... it was so romantic and the men ........... they were more like gentlemen. I used to go every Saturday"

I am thinking 2 things:
1) Was I born at the wrong time? I duno.
2) She had more of a life than me! Gah!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger joanne said...

I would go to a dance if I got asked. But you are right, dances mid-week are unusual. We used to have a church Valentine's ball I went to when I was still married. But that was never on Valentine's Day. It was always on a Friday or Saturday.

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home