Monday, May 01, 2006

My Eggies (warning: too much info)

I love being a gal! :)
Sometimes I think to myself how boring it would have been to been born a guy.
I mean - Shopping - hello!?
I am a pretty 'plain Jane' when it comes to going to work but I do like spiffing my self up abit every now and then.
Heck - it even just brightens my mood if I am down.
The make - up, the lipstick, the gloss, the shoes, the dresses, skirts, capris - oooh summer time! Sandals, nails, hair styles, cute tops, the colours, the purses, the jewelry!! Seriously, there are only so many combinations of mens pants and tops that they can make right?

My nephew is 2yrs old and is getting cuter and sweeter everyday (he was a brat). I love him a lot and early last month, in April, I became an aunt again ... to a little niece! Now I can buy pinks!!!! dresses! with flowers! and frills! Awwwwwww!

However, last month I was also reminded of the few things that I dont like about being a gal.....

It was early Sunday Easter morning. I woke around 6:30 am (habit) and realized the day and attempted to fall back asleep. I noticed that my lower back was sore. Humm, must have just been the position I was in.... I moved around trying to get comfortable but to no relief. I somehow fell back asleep and woke again around 9:30am... I got out of bed and I realized that my back pain became extremely excruciating and originated in my lower left abdomen! OMG I never had this much pain before in my life! I was hunched over! I could hardly walk to the bathroom! I was moaning in PAIN! I thought for a second... Could this be a case of real bad GAS?! Nope - nothing like that. Felt like some serious cramp-age and someones fist was mangling all my insides like they were mincing meat for meat loaf and my abdomen was about to burst ! I rushed over to the Rapid Clinic. Ultrasound revealed I had a cyst in my Left Ovary that had burst! Apparently cysts there are common and bursting cysts happen once in a blue moon. No worries unless it happens again. Its an age thing I guess?! Going to check again this month.

So, if I heard my body correctly.... I think my eggies are mad at me!

You see, they all live in my wonderful Ovaries. They are nice and comfy in there. Its like one big happy family. The Brady Bunch like - except they are about a few thousands ? I duno. And they sit there.... waiting to be set free! The are filled with the joys and hopes of the wonderfully magnificent potential they hold!! They are practically anxious to be set free! To grow! To enjoy the 'outer world'! Party with some great swimmers (that happen to have tails) and hopefully meet up with one of them so it can grow even more! Sprout legs and feet and eyes, nose, mouth and a heart !
So every month when one is set free its like a PAAARRR -TEE! I can hear them cheer on the ejected one "Go get em tiger!" "This is your time eggie! Your turn will be the one!" "Go eggie, Go eggie, go eggie!"
....
But soon after it is released, this eggie does NOT have a party. No fantastic swimmers to meet. Just a empty void of .... Nothingness. It echoes "Hello? (helllllooo hellllooo helllllloooo)" "Is anybody there??? (therrrreee theeeerrrree theeeereee)". It continues to float around cob-webbed corridors and dark recesses, aimlessly moving... becoming sad at every empty corner it turns.... Finally it meets its destiny.... Flushed out.....Meanwhile screaming at me "Noooooooooooooo, You biatch!!!! No party! You liar!!! NNOOOOooooooooooo........."

So last month I think they finally told me they are on to me. Somehow the news leaked back to the waiting ones: "Mayday mayday Mayday, abort mission, fantastic swimmers are M.I.A, M.I.A! There is nothing here! No party No party! AARRRAAAGGGHHHH!!!"

You hear that? Its getting louder damnit!
Tick-toc-tic -toc-tic -toc

7 Comments:

Blogger divine oasis said...

you're funny. i like how you described your eggs that lay in waiting every month. and "cob-webbed corners"...hilarious. my eggs gotta be thinking the same thing. where are the swimmers? lol.

12:45 AM  
Blogger teahouse said...

Egads, sounds painful!! You poor thing!!

Sending you hugs and hoping that the pain passes soon.

6:53 PM  
Blogger M+ said...

But you're OK now, right? All is well? No complications?

7:31 PM  
Blogger ~Moi~ said...

divineoasis: Ah at least Im not alone with this situation hehe.

THB and M+ : Thanks :) Well Im good so far. Probably just a freak thing reminding me of my biological clock unwinding grrrr :p

10:29 PM  
Blogger M+ said...

Glad to hear it. Hopefully there are no more incidents.

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww u didnt tell me about that. Sorry to hear and hope everything keeps goin well and u find ur swimmers ASAP . btw the way to told that story cracked me up your too funny! :p

9:12 PM  
Blogger The Dummy said...

That sounds like it really hurt! Okay, that's one thing I'm not envious about. But the fashion thing, you gals definitely have a lot more leeway than us guys.

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home