Monday, July 17, 2006

Wedding stuff....



Okay - there is another Wedding to attend this year.. It should be fun and I am kinda looking forward to it! It's an old friend from HS and I am really happy for her. I met the guy once and he seems like a great guy! Funny too!

Thing is - me being the ulta uber sensitive singleton that I usually am, I noticed something. Yes of course it was only addressed to 'Me', not 'Me + guest'. Ok ok I get it already! Sheesh Whatever. I should be used to it. But I noticed on the RSVP instead of looking like this (for me to fill in) it said this (already filled in). Ouch! Weird huh. Or am I just over sensitive again?

Ok nuff said about that .....

Recently I have been noticing weird stuff at some Weddings (what wedding doesnt have weird happenings?) I come to believe that there is no perfect wedding. Someone always has a complaint.....

  • At one very casual wedding the DJ was an ...... iPod!
  • I have never ever seen a bride that looked like she just woke up outa bed and plonked a viel on her head and did nothing to look different than her everyday appearance, thick glasses and plain hair hardly any make up .... until now.
  • One wedding at a wonderful country club didnt have enough seating placements for all their guests for the reception - on purpose. Once you finished your food you were expected to give up your seat for someone else to have their dinner!
  • One wedding served up a mean meal of .... geriatric food? I swear the meal was over cooked! You could practically mush up the green beans and the pasta in your mouth with just your tounge! It was also served as 'buffet' which was likend to the hasty mean servers you would get screaming at you from behind the counter in a prison cafeteria!
  • The hired MC was a 'show host' so annoying he could have been in an empty room yet he still would not shut up! He loved to hear his own voice - even guiding everyone through the "chicken dance" and the "shimmy dance"
  • A wedding of about 100 people and the wedding cake was a small cheese cake from the local grocery store.
  • The MC was quizing the groom questions about his Bride as a game and one of the questions was " What is her bra size?" - so not wedding material - more like stag material

Ah but in the end of every wedding we wish the happy couple many years of happiness to come........

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weddings are killing me too. The heaviest season I had passed a few years ago. 8 weddings throughout the summer. All of them addressed to me only. The worst ones were the one's addressed to my parent's home, especially since I have been living in Toronto for over 10 years.

I always raise a glass to the happy couple. What else are you going to do.

Cheers

2:18 AM  
Blogger Anny said...

yea i'm having mine in march and i know i'm gonna overlook something - but something's gotta give somewhere. let's wish me luck :)

12:33 AM  
Blogger ~Moi~ said...

Oh Congrats! and Good Luck as well! There's plenty of time to plan it well anyhow.
I hope you have helpful Bridesmaids and close friends who have gone through it too to ease the stress!

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home