Monday, October 17, 2005

On the Verge.....

Ok I really didnt want to try internet dating. I dont know why exactly.
Maybe just....
And overwhelming, chest imploding sense of defeat in meeting someone the traditional way.
There is just something un- natural about putting myself "Up for Sale" so to speak. But I guess people do that every day at bars and stuff so this would just be writing it down on the internet instead.
I wanted to try other means first before taking the PLUNGE! And the attempts at that....(meeting ppl when I was in school, meeting friends of friends, joining sports and activities, joining singles activity events, going to a singles lounge event, being set up on blind dates, going out with a (gasp!) older co-worker ) ..... well so far did not pan out.

So Lo-n-behold, something - or maybe a few things - have shaken my present passive acceptance of my stagnant social life. And also the fact that I have been feeling that I have no right to bitch about it if I am not doing anything about it. I really applaud a friend of mine who has took the dive herself!

So yes, I am on the verge of forcing myself to do this. I say forcing because I am still not content with the method - for myself that is. (I know I should be more positive about this)
I know it has worked for quite a few people I know. And actually 2 of them are getting married next year. And they are wonderful people.
Ah, but its not my preference. But this is slowly becoming an option
*waves white flag in defeat*

However, being in line with the rest of my venting on this blog I just need to post some ...... ummmm.......... somewhat-humourous-in-a-nervous-laugh-sort-of-way blogs on personals ......

Take a lookie to what I found...... warning discretion advised!!!


Hopefully I will not run into any of these people. Or worse yet..... become one of them on these lists!!!!! da-da-da-dummmmmmm!

1 Comments:

Blogger ~Moi~ said...

Thanks for the encouragement.
I will definately post if I start it. But for now, I think I have to work on getting rid of my Jaded outlook before I start it! :op

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home